Wednesday, March 7, 2018

Artist in Residence Week 4 - I have access!



So going into week 4 I am greeted by Mr. Phillips. I chatted with him a bit about what my plans were in regards to the website. I informed him that I would like to set up the site so that they may begin uploading content. This way they will be able to inform the community of any events that are happening at the location. I also requested access to the LMCC facebook pages as it is terribly outdated and feel it needs a good revamp. Floyd seems very excited to start working on getting a new platform setup for them so that they may be able to get more connected with the community through an online presence.

I had a phone meeting with a man named Sean, who is the lead developer for visit Saint Augustine, so that I may be setup with an account to the Wordpress backend of the LMCC website. Sean was extremely helpful and was more than happy to set up an administrator account for me. From here on I was familiarizing myself with the configurations and frameworks that were included in the websites backend. After doing so I began brainstorming some ideas as to how I would go about setting them up with a proper solution that fits their needs. I wanted to make it as easy as possible for them to begin getting the word out. So I looked a bit into some post automation that would automatically post their web site posts and share it on their facebook account. This way they would just need to write the content once and it will automatically make it's way to the facebook page for others to see. I will soon be able to start setting up these features for them once I do more research and testing.

No comments:

Post a Comment