Wednesday, March 21, 2018

Artist in Residence Week 6 - How'd we do?



Gayle came in much later and Floyd was in a meeting. I took this opportunity to run some analytics to see how our posting system was doing. I took a look at the google analytics for the page and due to our posts that were put onto facebook with our automated system we were able to bring in 163 page views which was the peak view count in the past 30 days. I was happy to see that this system was working well.

I thought that maybe if this is working this well on just a single platform, there may be some opportunity for even further outreach. I started looking into some of the other platforms that LMCC has a presence on. I came across their twitter, which has not been used in quite some time. I started looking into post automation for twitter accounts and feel that this would be a good opportunity to gain more exposure from posting on the website.

Once Gayle showed up I presented the numbers from the previous week's posts and she was absolutely thrilled with the results from just 1 post on this new platform. I then presented the idea for the same system but for the twitter account. She was definitely okay with this. She provided me the login information for the account before I left. The goal now is to update the twitter account to recent brand standards with updated information and setting up the post automation. Having these systems set up is extremely beneficial because LMCC can post news or events and it is shared on their social media pages for a broader outreach with little effort.

No comments:

Post a Comment