Thursday, March 15, 2018

Artist in Residence Week 5 - Platform Setup



This week was VERY productive. Once I familiarized myself with the platform, that Visit Saint Augustine set up, I was able to begin planning implementing these new ideas and functions. I began by granting Gayle access to the website with a new user account. I was able to create a new page that is dedicated to displaying these news posts.

After creating the news layout I began to give the other volunteers a rundown of how to use the post platform. I walked them through the process and had them try if for themselves to help them become more familiar with the program.

Once that area was complete I installed a new application that listens to the site postings and will automatically pull the title and link and post it to facebook. After many hours of work and configuration I was finally able to have the posts automatically post to the LMCC facebook page. I introduced Gayle to this new functionality and she was absolutely thrilled to see that the facebook page could be active. She was even more impressed to see how many people began to interact with these automated posts. She has a lot planned for the future and everyone is sure this will help them gain more exposure through just facebook alone.

Next week we will be looking into adding this functionality into other platforms that LMCC are present on.

No comments:

Post a Comment