Wednesday, February 21, 2018

Artist in Residence Week 2 - Finishing Boards

     


       My second visit to the Lincolnville Museum and Cultural Center was rather uneventful. The goal walking in was to try and figure out what tasks I was going to be doing throughout the duration of my residency. Unfortunately Gayle was not available all day as she was at some appointments with family things. The other volunteers did not want to try and negotiate anything while Gayle was away. It was also extremely busy as some exhibits where being moved and there was an event later that night. The whole museum is changing up their displays so there were a lot of volunteers moving things and organizing the back room.

       Even though Gayle was not present, I took my time there to take note of some of the locations of the storyboards I was working with. I transferred the content from the old storyboards to my personal drive and began moving the information to the new board design. I tried to make sure that the content remained the same with slight modifications as needed. I was able to spend several hours working on moving content from one board to another keeping an eye on the typography as it relates to the design. I was making sure the content was clear and legible. I sent the boards over to the main email for review. Next step with this is to try and get a test print and see how the new boards look from a large format print.

       Hopefully this Friday the heads of the board will be available so we can discuss what needs to be done and what direction they wish to take with these projects.


Revised Boards:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1SnFg8mhub8A6VKjsc0Mb_T7-r7NffZVq/view?usp=sharing

No comments:

Post a Comment